Commercial Inspection Checklist
The Baseline Commercial Property Inspection
AmeriSpec® provides baseline commercial property inspections throughout the United States to get your property ready to sell
A baseline commercial property inspection (referred to as a Property Condition Assessment or PCA by the standards set forth by the American Society for Testing and Materials) relies on a walk-through survey, document review, and interviews to determine the property's condition - all performed by a professional AmeriSpec commercial property inspector. The results of the PCA are reported in a Property Condition Report (PCR). The report includes information obtained from the PCA.
This information assists owners and buyers in understanding operation and maintenance required and also helps provide confidence to prospective investors.
The scope of the inspection needed and the specific areas to be inspected are based on various factors. Age, occupancy and type of construction are considered when determining how the property will be inspected and the performance criteria needed to complete a quality inspection. Inspections can range from a visual examination of the property, to a comprehensive inspection of all the building's technical components.
A baseline commercial property inspection includes:
- Site Characteristics (paving, landscaping and utilities)
- Structural Frame and Building Envelope
- Roof Surface Areas
- Mechanical and Electrical Systems
- Plumbing Systems
- Heating Systems
- Air Conditioning and Ventilation Systems
- Vertical Transportation
- Life Safety/Fire Protection
- Interior Elements
- Document Review
- Opinions of Probable Costs
Additional services that may be available include:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Assessments
- Elevator Inspections
- Fenestration Inspections
- Fire Safety Inspections
- Lead-Based Paint Inspections
- Wood-Destroying Organism Inspections
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
- Sewage and Treatment Systems Inspections
- Asbestos Inspections
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Assessments
- Radon Inspections
Depending on the type of property and needs of the client, inspections may require specialists, consultants or the TEAM approach (see below).
The TEAM Approach
The TEAM (Technical Experts and Management) approach allows specialists and/or consultants to assist us in the commercial inspection process by providing expertise in relevant areas.
These professionals may include:
- Structural Engineers
- Environmental Specialists
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) Specialists
- Electrical Specialists
- Fire Protection Specialists
- Elevator Specialists
- Roof Specialists
- Paving Specialists
- Wood-Destroying Organism Specialists
Please check your local AmeriSpec office for pricing details and restrictions.