AmeriSpec® Professionally Trained Home Inspectors
AmeriSpec® offers the best training in the industry by combining classroom instruction, in-field inspections and hands-on technical training in our state-of-the-art facility, led by instructors with a combined 60 years of home inspection experience.
A replica of an actual home (complete with a roof, water heater, plumbing, electrical wiring and appliances) has been constructed on the premises for training purposes. It is specifically designed for AmeriSpec business owners and professional home inspectors. This training facility illustrates what to examine when performing a quality home inspection. Parts of the house are fully functional, such as the kitchen, the garage door, and the lights on the front lawn. In addition, used water heaters, furnaces, and air conditioning units are brought into the classroom, giving inspectors the opportunity to examine these important home systems and components.
This innovative facility provides new AmeriSpec business owners and inspectors with the training needed to make them the best in the industry.
After graduation from our Training Academy, inspectors are further mentored by their peers in the field.
To enhance our classes, AmeriSpec utilizes a distance educational training system developed specifically for us by Carson Dunlop and Associates, one of the most respected names in professional home inspection training.
AmeriSpec also strongly supports continuing education. Technical training classes are held periodically throughout the year to educate our franchise owners about new inspection services we offer. Spring and fall regional meetings include technical and operational training by some of the most respected experts in the home inspection industry.
AS PART OF THE CERTIFICATION PROCESS, AMERISPEC INSPECTORS MUST:
- Attend and complete more than forty (40) hours of accredited technical training at the AmeriSpec Training Academy in Memphis, Tenn.
- Undergo extensive training consisting of forty (40) hours of Pre-Academy training, classroom instruction and in-field training exercises
- In-field training includes multiple home inspections with varying age and construction types
- Successfully complete a comprehensive AmeriSpec technical exam to prove their competency
- Comprehensive training team comprised of variety of speciality instructors